Sunday, January 27, 2013

it's almost that time in our undergraduate career: graduation. 
for those that are having their family coming here, are busy planning for trips and stuff. 
I feel sad thinking about my parents won't be here for my graduation.
the irony is, I'm the one that prevent them from coming. 


I know my dad would really love it to be here. 

but it's just not worth it. 
if I'm graduating with the highest honor, I'm more than happy to have them here. 
what Doc V said when I was a freshman really got me. 
I don't really remember his exact words but I think he said something like this, "won't you feel ashamed if your parents are here on your graduation day and when your name is announced, that's it. no latin honor. your parents will be embarrassed."

yeah. it's just not worth it to travel across the world, to watch me receiving that damn scroll. 
I've got nothing for them to be proud of. 
I have a little bit of regret, for not trying harder. 
but throughout four years of my studies, I can really see what I'm capable of.
this is my limit. 


I'm so sorry, abah. 
I've disappoint you.

No comments: