Thursday, December 11, 2008

My English is....ok lah..

I'm much more comfortable writing in english online...I don't know why..even though my english is 'tunggang-terbalik' sometimes.....ok,maybe all the times..but..I don't know..I still don't have the guts to speak in English....I think my vocabulary is good..I think ..ok lah...It's just my grammar..I still can't differentiate the using of words with past tense, present,past continuos,blah blah blah....I determine the right word to say or write depends on the suitableness of the words..If it sounds right, then it's right..to me...Besides,my pronounciation is bad..It's kinda depends on my confidence...If I have confidence, I could speak English very well...I still remembered when I participated a Public Speaking competition when I was 12..Every teacher said I can win and it gave me the confidence I need to speak smoothly and clearly and I won!!That's the first and last times I spoke in English perfectly....and I think my 'goodness' in English depends on certain factors....I'm not quite sure what the factors are....sometimes I don't remember even the easy words!!Like when sitting for English paper, I couldn't recall what 'surirumah' (housewife) in English!!I spend like a minute to figure it out and I gave up....the funniest thing was that I watched Desperate Housewives the last night...how irony was that!!!The same thing goes for my BM....when I read the 'karangan' I made, some of them are pretty good..and sometimes, I couldn't believe I wrote them..I was like, 'I wrote that?wow...'..I guess I kinda underestimate myself....oh and last times this happened I don't remember how to spell favourite..I actually checked the dictionary!!!Tell you the truth, I think tv shows,movies and musics in English help me with my English....I still remember I actually memories all Linkin Park songs when I was 10....Including the rap part.....I could understand those complicated jokes made by stand out comedians and what I called street,common US English...when I watched Trophic Thunder and Whose line Is It Anyway? tv shows with my brother-in-law(he's ok with English),I'm the only one bursting with laughs..He was like 'what?what's so funny?'...most funny moments in Trophic Thunder are in words..like the dialogue about 'Never go fully retard' and the one between kirk lazarus and alpa chino.....If people or dialogues that were spoke fast, I could 'tangkap' almost all of them....I could understand those rappers, hip-hop song...and I could even rap a little....hehe.....In a nutshell, I oncluded that my English is OK....

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Hey, your English's not bad wat. In fact, I think it's actually quite good. Plus, you can speak well. That's a great advantage. U should be happy. Haha... Wow, you can get out of cooking for now... But me?? The answer is NO. Man... Why do girls always have to do these stuff?? Haha... Hmm... About PLKN, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet. Maybe I will see the situation coz if I enter polytechnic in S'pore, it starts in April. I will miss the 1st semester and may have to enter in 2010. I'll be older by 2 years or more than most people at that time. But thx for the advice! So, you gone anywhere for holiday?? I'm damn bored here... Any ideas on what I should do??

Charlene said...

Haha... Let's just say our English is equally good. That settles everything. ^^ Well, part of the reason why I wanted to study in Singapore is because it's near Kulai and I can come home often during weekends to visit my family. My mom only has my older brother and me. So, I guess I can't really leave my family and go too far to study. And I'm not cunfident that I can get all 1As. If I really got that, I would be a very, very, very blessed person by God. Well, just hope for the best. JPA's kinda hard to apply too rite?? And I don't want to be a doctor. Better give the chance to other potential students, like you, for example. Haha... Thanks for wishing me luck. Good luck to you too. Hope you succeed in achieving good results and your dream ambition. ^^

Chloe said...

Yeah... Your english is not bad. It's quite a big advantage to control a language that well. Haha... You reli manage to get that off? I think I can foresee sth edi. After you are back from PLKN, it's time for further studies. Then, you go to a place far away from your house and get away from cooking again. When you got out from Pra-U, you go for University. Then, you marry with a guy and have a baby and start your very first cooking. And make sure you take some photos of the dishes you cook, so when your hubby got into a hospital, the police won't accuse you for poisoning him as you have got some evidences to proof that you cook sth assumed to be edible. I am a genius in story writing, right?

Cheers!