Monday, January 4, 2010

just filling out the time..

I had absolutely nothing else to do right now.. Even though I do have to review the calculus before the spring semester starts next week.. Damn.. Time sure flies so fast.. I've been here for 6 months now and 1 semester down, 7 more to go.. I really enjoyed my winter break.. Working with Prof. Veillette, had fun with friends, trip to Atlanta, Georgia, catching up all of those movies and tv series that I missed.. well, almost.. hehe.. I did finished watching 24 though.. and the most important part, hibernating.. hik3 ;P Had a special luncheon today.. Classic-truly-American-dishes.. Turkey, bread stuffed, salad, sweet potatoes, and the desert: pecan pie with cookies ice-cream.. Ahhh~~ free foods.. Who wouldn't enjoy it? Haha Oh ya, forgot to mention, my first snow! haha It wasn't really like, snowing heavily, but, I can really see the snows being blown by the cold wind.. Its getting really cold lately.. the coldest so far as -11 degree celcius.. makes me miss Malaysia's 'hotness'.. haha I just realized how much I miss Malaysia.. So fucking-damn-much! Sorry about the language but, I've been living with American teenagers.. Heard those words for like, 24/7.. I don't really like hanging out with the Americans.. Party, social gathering.. There's a guy that invited to join a so-called 'cool house' during my 2nd year here.. Telling me I should spend more time discovering all of the great things here instead of just, cooped up in the Malaysians group.. If that 'great things' meaning partying, and drinking, absolutely no dude.. and he's gay.. haha It feels so weird when you hang out with a guy, then a couple of other guys just walk past you, and you heard him said, 'They are so good looking' Awkward dude.. What else.. Oh yeah, I celebrated the New Year at downtown.. Got excited by the free music, fireworks show, and 80ft guitar dropping.. First time ever in Nashville.. It was not as exciting as it sounds like.. The fireworks was extremely short, it was so freakin' cold that night, there were lots of drunk people, alcohol's smell got onto my sweaters (I wore 2 layers) and, we have to walk all the way back to The Commons (where I'm staying).. On the bright side, I spent more time with my friends.. All of us are away from our family, so, we only have each other here.. Can't wait to get back to my home sweet home.. A semester to go, then summer = BALIK KAMPUNG! InsyaAllah, if everything went well, I'll be home probably in mid-April.. But I gotta tell you, I have a sense that this semester is not going to be an easy one.. Its going to get harder, which means, I have to study harder.. Haish.. I did chose this path anyway.. Got to go through it.. So people, wish me luck! ;P Oh, forgot to mention, I'm hoping that a reunion will be held.. Missed Kem Sekakap so damn much! and all of the people I've known while I'm in there.. That's it people! Adios!

No comments: