Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm a very lucky girl..

I've been doing more thinking...again..lately....something really interesting came across my mind..I just realize how lucky I am!!I read the newspaper and lately, there's a lot of news on war at Gaza City...seeing the pictures of people dying, running away to save their lives, childrens crying because of the injuries they have and because they just lost their parents....seeing how their homes destroyed in seconds..makes me thinking about how lucky I am to be born in this beautiful, peaceful country called Malaysia..how can I complaining about not getting the clothes I want while teenager in Gaza don't have any nice clothes?how can I complaining about the food is not delicious while people in Gaza, or even somewhere around the world have to starve because there's no food to eat?

Alhamdulillah(praise to God)..

I'm a very lucky girl..I got everything I need and everything I want..I don't have to starve..I can eat anything I want..I can wear nice and clean clothes...I got a very cool phone and a PSP...what else could I ever want?I can't imagine what the teenager that live in a country that is in war have to go through...hearing the sounds of bombs exploding..fighter jets soaring through the sky...people screaming, crying in pain...people calling names,looking for their love ones..hoping they are still alive..the children face the risk of being shot while walking to school..I'm so lucky that my parent are still alive..so do all my siblings and relatives..we could still spend some time together...laugh together..

yup..I'm soooo lucky..I also think about the rising of social problems among teenagers right here in Malaysia...I read the 'Metro' newspaper a couple of weeks ago and what I found in there was very suprising!It was an article about girls aged 14 in KL is proud of losing her virginity!OMG!
well...I'm not really suprised actually cause in KL, anything can happen in that big city...I remember reading about she said that all of her friends lost theirs too and how a girl that is still virgin will be mocked and no one wants to befriend with her..She even got addicted on doing it!..If I heard something about that from the West,I'm not suprised..it is their culture...but it is not our culture!!come on..especially the Malays!we're muslims!Aren't they afraid of God?Of the punishment they'll get?Drugs, alcohol....why they want to self-destruct?just to get high and have fun?

I'm so lucky because I don't have those problems...i got to admit..I do have this curiousity about drugs,smoking..come, on..it's human nature to be inquisitive..but I'm so lucky not to have any source to get them...and also no other factors that could encourage me to do drugs or smoking..
I got a very good family and very good friends....I've been raised in a very good environment, meaning no bad friends, relatives, stuff like that...all that make me forget about wnat to try them....yup...I'm turing 18 this years and I'm so proud because throughout this 18 years, I never do drugs,alcohol and I never, ever, EVER, go over the limit with boys...NEVER!I got many boys as friends but that's it..In fact, my relationship with my boys classmates are so well that sometimes it feels like, everyone in the class are one big, happy family!I think every teenager should know their responsibility..as student,as daughter/son, and as a teenager....what I'm trying to say is, if you want to have fun, go ahead!just don't cross the limit..,we can still have fun without using drugs,drinking alcohol....like me, if it's time to study, I study hard,if it's time to enjoy and have fun, I really will have fun!yes, we're young, we should have fun..but it doesn't mean that we can do anything..

In a nut shell, I'm a quite good teenager and I turned up pretty well...Thanks to my parent,family and friends..Love you all!!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Haha... This is a really good one! Yeah, sometimes i feel that i am VERY VERY lucky too. :)